Friday, February 14, 2014

Modernism Week: Day One (2/13/14)

Modernism Week's opening night party, Modern Mambo, was last night! What a great party-- authentic band and DJs, cocktails and glamour! It was held at the gorgeous Caliente Tropics. 

My accessories for the night: Vintage purse from my collection, the Caliente Crescent drop earrings and vintage confetti lucite, bakelite and celluloid bangles courtesy of Matt Burkholz/Route 66 West


My jacket was designed by Laura Byrnes for Pinup Girl Clothing. The fringe dress came from there, as well, but was designed by Letty Tennant of Queen Of Heartz. Stockings came from What Katie Did and the shoes are vintage Daniel Green boudoir slippers. 



Chris Menrad's Plymouth Fury.


The band!

My pals Chris Bale and Paul Ortega with our favorite LP


My lovely co-host, Bella Da Ball!

My friend and one of my biggest supporters, Chris Mobley of Just Modern. He is also the Modernism Week board chairman.





Illuminated Modern was also last night! Key buildings along Palm Canyon are illuminated to not only showcase their beauty, but to tell about the building.

Design 849 was built in 1954. Architect: William Cody. So they say. I think it looks very Cody-ish.


Bon Vivant





Towne

Trina Turk


Palm Springs Visitor Center

Wexler's Merrill Lynch building


Raymond Lawrence

Just Modern at Night

Modernway at night.


Design 849's Emilio Pucci window.




Stay tuned for Day 2, where I will be at the Palm Springs Convention Center with my friend Bill Miller for the kickoff and preview party for the Palm Springs Modernism Show and Sale. 

No comments: